Armed bank robber points gun at customers in Frankford
FRANKFORD - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Department and the FBI are investigating the armed robbery of a bank in Frankford.
The robbery took place at approximately 9:00 a.m. Tuesday at the 3rd Federal Bank branch located at 4625 Frankford Avenue.
Police say the suspect entered the bank, pointed a handgun at the customers, and demanded cash from tellers.
After collecting an undisclosed amount of money in an orange bag, the suspect fled on foot in an unknown direction.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance, is described as a black male in his 20s to early 30s, approximately 5'11 tall, with a slim build. He was wearing a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt with a white Nike "swoosh" logo on the left chest and a dark-colored baseball cap.
This suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about this robbery or this suspect is urged to call the FBI at 215-418-4000 or the Philadelphia Police Department. There may be a reward for information leading to the suspect's capture; tipsters can remain anonymous.
philadelphia, frankford, bank robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 45 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
45 min ago