Police: Woman found in West Philadelphia park was not attacked
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are now saying a woman found unconscious in a West Philadelphia park on Tuesday was not attacked.
Investigators were back at Cobbs Creek Park at the Parkway and Hazel Avenue Wednesday morning.
That's where they found the woman, alive, yesterday.
Investigators initially thought she had been attacked.
But police interviewed the woman and have now learned she tried to committ suicide by overdosing.
assault, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 37 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 34 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 2 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 3 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
35 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
2 min ago