Police: Woman found in West Philadelphia park was not attacked
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are now saying a woman found unconscious in a West Philadelphia park on Tuesday was not attacked.
Investigators were back at Cobbs Creek Park at the Parkway and Hazel Avenue Wednesday morning.
That's where they found the woman, alive, yesterday.
Investigators initially thought she had been attacked.
But police interviewed the woman and have now learned she tried to committ suicide by overdosing.
assault, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police cars, station 8 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 41 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 11 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
41 min ago