Police: 2 suspects in rape at Wilmington park
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say they have two suspects in the rape of two women at a Wilmington park.
Police announced Tuesday that they believe that only one or two teens raped the women last week near the water fountain at Kosciuszko Park.
They had initially said the women, aged 24 and 32, told investigators that 10 to 12 youths might have been involved.
Now, however, police say that while the other teens may have been in the area at the time, investigators don't know if they played a role in the rapes.
Cpl. Jamaine Crawford told area residents at a meeting called by Councilwoman Sherry Dorsey Walker on Tuesday that police believe the suspects targeted the women.
He says police are not releasing information about the suspects, who have not been arrested.
delaware news, wilmington, rape, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 22 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos