Report: 3rd person sought in fatal beating of student from Perkasie
WHEELING, W.Va. - September 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wheeling police say they're looking for a third person who may have been involved in the fatal beating of a Wheeling Jesuit University student from Perkasie, Pa.
Two men are charged with murder, but Detective Sgt. Gregg McKenzie tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the suspects say at least one other person was involved in the fight.
McKenzie didn't immediately return a message Wednesday afternoon.
Twenty-one-year-old Kevin Figaniak of Perkasie, Pa., died early Sunday after an attack on the school campus.
Police charged 22-year-old Craig Peacock of Clewiston, Fla., and 24-year-old Jarrett Chandler of Winnfield, La., with murder. Both remain in the Northern Regional Jail on $1 million bond.
Figaniak was a senior business major who played varsity lacrosse.
A friend who was with Figaniak says they were attacked by three or four men.
pennsylvania news, west virginia, assault, homicide, local/state
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!