Hazmat at Immigration Service Building in Spring Garden
SPRING GARDEN - September 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Emergency crews responded to the scene of a hazmat investigation in Philadelphia's Spring Garden section Thursday morning.
The incident happened at the Immigration Service Building, located on the 1600 block of Callowhill Street.
According to authorities, white powder was found inside an envelope on the second floor of a building at that location.
The second floor of the building was evacuated and one woman, who was exposed to the white powder, was evaluated by paramedics as a precaution.
Hazmat teams later deemed the scene as safe.
spring garden, philadelphia news, hazmat, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 16 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 13 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 1 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 59 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
31 min ago