Fire forces evacuation of Old City building
OLD CITY - September 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 20-story office building in Philadelphia's Old City section was evacuated Thursday morning due to fire.
Firefighters responded around 9:25 a.m. to the 300 block of Chestnut Street.
When crews arrived they found smoke coming from the building, prompting the evacuation.
People have since returned to the building.
So far, there is no word on the nature of the incident.
old city, philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 45 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 1 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 58 min ago