Rapper A$AP Rocky charged with slapping Philly fan
PHILADELPHIA - September 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Hip-hop star A$AP Rocky is facing an allegation of assault during the Made in America festival in Philadelphia.
The district attorney's office says a concertgoer claims the 24-year-old Harlem-bred rapper, whose given name is Rakim Mayers, slapped her as he walked through the crowd of dancing fans Saturday and was trying to wave some of them away. The name of the woman who filed the criminal complaint wasn't released.
The complaint states the rapper landed an open-palm slap square on the woman's face, giving her whiplash.
A message left at the artist's publicity agency was not immediately returned Thursday.
philadelphia news, assault, music, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 45 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 8 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos