5 injured in serious crash on AC Expressway in Winslow Twp.
WINSLOW TWP., N.J. - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A serious accident on the eastbound Atlantic City Expressway injured five people - three of them seriously.
The accident happened just after 6:00 a.m. Friday between Exits 41 and 38 in Winslow Township.
Chopper 6 was over the scene shortly after the accident occurred where two of the four vehicles involved remained on the highway, heavily damaged. In addition, a pickup truck could be seen far into the grassy median of the highway.
Police say a Toyota sedan rear ended a dump truck and flipped over, while on its roof the the Toyota was struck again by a Ford F-250 truck and again by a Honda Accord.
The driver of the Toyota that flipped and a person inside the Honda were flown to Cooper Hospital in Camden in serious condition.
An additional person inside the Honda was transported to Cooper via ambulance, also in serious condition.
Two people, the driver of the Ford F-250 and the dump truck, had minor injuries and refused treatment.
The cause for the accident remains under investigation.
camden county news, new jersey news, accident, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos