Crash caused power outage in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An early morning crash knocked down electrical wires, causing a power outage to part of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The accident happened around 4:30 a.m. Friday at the intersection of 57th Street and Lancaster Avenue.
According to police, the driver of a car lost control and hit a utility pole. The force of the collision caused the pole to split, which in turn brought down power lines onto the street.
Power was knocked out along several blocks.
The driver of the vehicle was treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
PECO crews are out on the scene making repairs.
overbrook news, philadelphia news, accident, power outage, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 11 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 17 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 56 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 35 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
12 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
35 min ago