Crash caused power outage in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An early morning crash knocked down electrical wires, causing a power outage to part of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The accident happened around 4:30 a.m. Friday at the intersection of 57th Street and Lancaster Avenue.
According to police, the driver of a car lost control and hit a utility pole. The force of the collision caused the pole to split, which in turn brought down power lines onto the street.
Power was knocked out along several blocks.
The driver of the vehicle was treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
PECO crews are out on the scene making repairs.
overbrook news, philadelphia news, accident, power outage, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 46 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 41 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton 50 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
32 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
41 min ago
- Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
50 min ago