Crash caused power outage in Overbrook
OVERBROOK - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- An early morning crash knocked down electrical wires, causing a power outage to part of Philadelphia's Overbrook section.
The accident happened around 4:30 a.m. Friday at the intersection of 57th Street and Lancaster Avenue.
According to police, the driver of a car lost control and hit a utility pole. The force of the collision caused the pole to split, which in turn brought down power lines onto the street.
Power was knocked out along several blocks.
The driver of the vehicle was treated at the hospital for minor injuries.
PECO crews are out on the scene making repairs.
overbrook news, philadelphia news, accident, power outage, local/state
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 48 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers 28 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police