Woman injured in hit-and-run in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was transported to the hospital this morning after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported at 9:45 a.m. at the intersection of Castor Avenue and Hellerman Street.
Police say the 40-year-old victim was injured when she was hit by the side mirror of a vehicle.
Medics transported the woman to Albert Einstein Medical Center with not life threatening injuries.
According to police, the driver of the striking vehicle briefly stopped, but then fled.
The driver later turned himself in to police.
An earlier version of this story indicated that the victim was a 4-year-old child. That, however, proved to be incorrect.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 55 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
7 min ago