Woman injured in hit-and-run in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was transported to the hospital this morning after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported at 9:45 a.m. at the intersection of Castor Avenue and Hellerman Street.
Police say the 40-year-old victim was injured when she was hit by the side mirror of a vehicle.
Medics transported the woman to Albert Einstein Medical Center with not life threatening injuries.
According to police, the driver of the striking vehicle briefly stopped, but then fled.
The driver later turned himself in to police.
An earlier version of this story indicated that the victim was a 4-year-old child. That, however, proved to be incorrect.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 6 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
16 min ago