Woman injured in hit-and-run in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was transported to the hospital this morning after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported at 9:45 a.m. at the intersection of Castor Avenue and Hellerman Street.
Police say the 40-year-old victim was injured when she was hit by the side mirror of a vehicle.
Medics transported the woman to Albert Einstein Medical Center with not life threatening injuries.
According to police, the driver of the striking vehicle briefly stopped, but then fled.
The driver later turned himself in to police.
An earlier version of this story indicated that the victim was a 4-year-old child. That, however, proved to be incorrect.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
36 min ago