Woman injured in hit-and-run in Northeast Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was transported to the hospital this morning after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Northeast Philadelphia.
The incident was reported at 9:45 a.m. at the intersection of Castor Avenue and Hellerman Street.
Police say the 40-year-old victim was injured when she was hit by the side mirror of a vehicle.
Medics transported the woman to Albert Einstein Medical Center with not life threatening injuries.
According to police, the driver of the striking vehicle briefly stopped, but then fled.
The driver later turned himself in to police.
An earlier version of this story indicated that the victim was a 4-year-old child. That, however, proved to be incorrect.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids