Driver facing DUI charges in I-95 crash that injured 5
CHESTER, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester man is facing drunk driving charges after he crashed into a State Police cruiser on I-95 injuring five people.
It happened overnight Saturday in the southbound lanes near mile marker 3.6.
Police say Corporal GD Schuck had stopped to assist the driver of a Saturn Ion who had ran out of gas.
The trooper and was standing on the shoulder with the Saturn and two passengers.
Authorities say that's when 23-year-old Randall Boyles, behind the wheel of a Ford Windstar, drove off the road and struck the back of the police cruiser.
The impact of the crash pushed the cruiser into the Saturn which in turn struck the trooper and the other motorists.
Two passengers, inside the Ford, suffered serious injuries. They were taken to an area hospital.
The occupants of the Saturn received minor injuries. Cpl Schuck and Boyles were uninjured.
Meanwhile, Boyles was taken into custody for Driving Under the Influence.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, chester news, accident, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 7 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 3 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
3 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
7 min ago