Driver facing DUI charges in I-95 crash that injured 5
CHESTER, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester man is facing drunk driving charges after he crashed into a State Police cruiser on I-95 injuring five people.
It happened overnight Saturday in the southbound lanes near mile marker 3.6.
Police say Corporal GD Schuck had stopped to assist the driver of a Saturn Ion who had ran out of gas.
The trooper and was standing on the shoulder with the Saturn and two passengers.
Authorities say that's when 23-year-old Randall Boyles, behind the wheel of a Ford Windstar, drove off the road and struck the back of the police cruiser.
The impact of the crash pushed the cruiser into the Saturn which in turn struck the trooper and the other motorists.
Two passengers, inside the Ford, suffered serious injuries. They were taken to an area hospital.
The occupants of the Saturn received minor injuries. Cpl Schuck and Boyles were uninjured.
Meanwhile, Boyles was taken into custody for Driving Under the Influence.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, chester news, accident, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 37 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 54 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 8 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 38 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought