Driver facing DUI charges in I-95 crash that injured 5
CHESTER, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester man is facing drunk driving charges after he crashed into a State Police cruiser on I-95 injuring five people.
It happened overnight Saturday in the southbound lanes near mile marker 3.6.
Police say Corporal GD Schuck had stopped to assist the driver of a Saturn Ion who had ran out of gas.
The trooper and was standing on the shoulder with the Saturn and two passengers.
Authorities say that's when 23-year-old Randall Boyles, behind the wheel of a Ford Windstar, drove off the road and struck the back of the police cruiser.
The impact of the crash pushed the cruiser into the Saturn which in turn struck the trooper and the other motorists.
Two passengers, inside the Ford, suffered serious injuries. They were taken to an area hospital.
The occupants of the Saturn received minor injuries. Cpl Schuck and Boyles were uninjured.
Meanwhile, Boyles was taken into custody for Driving Under the Influence.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, chester news, accident, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 4 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 8 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 8 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 8 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
4 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
8 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos