3 families displaced in fast moving fire in Willow Grove
WILLOW GROVE, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three families were displaced after a fast-moving house fire in the Willow Grove section of Abington Township.
It happened around 11:40 Friday night on the 1900 block of Fairview Street.
A resident noticed flames coming from the porch of a home and quickly alerted neighbors. Everyone was able to escape.
More than 100 firefighters were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Crews were briefly hampered by a ruptured gas line and PECO officials were called to the scene.
No one was injured. The flames caused extensive damage to three homes.
Three families from those homes have been displaced. The Red Cross is assisting.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, fire, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 40 injured 3 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 6 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 4 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 41 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
29 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos