3 families displaced in fast moving fire in Willow Grove
WILLOW GROVE, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three families were displaced after a fast-moving house fire in the Willow Grove section of Abington Township.
It happened around 11:40 Friday night on the 1900 block of Fairview Street.
A resident noticed flames coming from the porch of a home and quickly alerted neighbors. Everyone was able to escape.
More than 100 firefighters were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Crews were briefly hampered by a ruptured gas line and PECO officials were called to the scene.
No one was injured. The flames caused extensive damage to three homes.
Three families from those homes have been displaced. The Red Cross is assisting.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, fire, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 52 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 19 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 22 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball