3 families displaced in fast moving fire in Willow Grove
WILLOW GROVE, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three families were displaced after a fast-moving house fire in the Willow Grove section of Abington Township.
It happened around 11:40 Friday night on the 1900 block of Fairview Street.
A resident noticed flames coming from the porch of a home and quickly alerted neighbors. Everyone was able to escape.
More than 100 firefighters were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Crews were briefly hampered by a ruptured gas line and PECO officials were called to the scene.
No one was injured. The flames caused extensive damage to three homes.
Three families from those homes have been displaced. The Red Cross is assisting.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, fire, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish