3 families displaced in fast moving fire in Willow Grove
WILLOW GROVE, Pa. - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three families were displaced after a fast-moving house fire in the Willow Grove section of Abington Township.
It happened around 11:40 Friday night on the 1900 block of Fairview Street.
A resident noticed flames coming from the porch of a home and quickly alerted neighbors. Everyone was able to escape.
More than 100 firefighters were called to the scene to battle the blaze.
Crews were briefly hampered by a ruptured gas line and PECO officials were called to the scene.
No one was injured. The flames caused extensive damage to three homes.
Three families from those homes have been displaced. The Red Cross is assisting.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 15 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 14 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 56 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases