Man, young child wounded in Kensington shooting
KENSINGTON - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the men who entered a home and shot a man and a young child in Kensington.
It happened around 1:30 Saturday morning on the 100 block of West Huntington Street.
Authorities say two men, one armed with a handgun and the other with a knife, entered the home through a back a door.
The armed men forced the 33-year-old and his 11-year-old stepson into the basement.
One of the suspects opened fire, striking the man in the legs and striking the young boy in the arm. Both were taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 20 years of age, 5'9", 190 pounds, with a light complexion and a light beard. He was wearing a long black t-shirt, blue jean shorts and armed with a black handgun.
THe second suspect is described as a black male , 6'1", 170-180 pounds, with a light complexion, a beard and low cut hair. He was wearing a blue and yellow short- sleeve striped shirt and blue jeans.
No word on any arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, kensington news, shooting, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 20 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 15 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton 24 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 46 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
6 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
15 min ago
- Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
24 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
46 min ago