Man, young child wounded in Kensington shooting
KENSINGTON - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the men who entered a home and shot a man and a young child in Kensington.
It happened around 1:30 Saturday morning on the 100 block of West Huntington Street.
Authorities say two men, one armed with a handgun and the other with a knife, entered the home through a back a door.
The armed men forced the 33-year-old and his 11-year-old stepson into the basement.
One of the suspects opened fire, striking the man in the legs and striking the young boy in the arm. Both were taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 20 years of age, 5'9", 190 pounds, with a light complexion and a light beard. He was wearing a long black t-shirt, blue jean shorts and armed with a black handgun.
THe second suspect is described as a black male , 6'1", 170-180 pounds, with a light complexion, a beard and low cut hair. He was wearing a blue and yellow short- sleeve striped shirt and blue jeans.
No word on any arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, kensington news, shooting, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 57 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 27 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos