'Suspicious' house fire in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire officials are investigating what they believe was a 'suspicious' fire in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 2:45 Saturday morning on the 6400 block of Glenmore Avenue.
Several residents noticed flames shooting up from the back of a home.
Arriving fire crews worked quickly to bring the blaze under control.
No one was injured but the family of four who lived there was left displaced. They are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Authorities are still investigating the cause but are considering the fire 'suspicious.'
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 29 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
29 min ago