South Philadelphia hit-and-run driver takes girl, mother to hospital
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old girl was struck by a hit-and-run driver in South Philadelphia Saturday night, police say.
The incident happened at approximately 7:57 p.m. on the 2000 block of South Cleveland Street.
Police say an Audi Q-5 SUV traveling southbound on Cleveland approaching Snyder struck a 9-year-old girl when she darted out into the street from between two parked vehicles.
According to officials, the striking driver took the young victim and her mother to Methodist Hospital.
The 9-year-old girl suffered head trauma and was transported to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver left the hospital without giving any of his vehicle or person information.
Authorites located the SUV on the 2000 block of Garnett Street. It was unattended.
pedestrian struck, children, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 4 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
4 min ago