South Philadelphia hit-and-run driver takes girl, mother to hospital
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old girl was struck by a hit-and-run driver in South Philadelphia Saturday night, police say.
The incident happened at approximately 7:57 p.m. on the 2000 block of South Cleveland Street.
Police say an Audi Q-5 SUV traveling southbound on Cleveland approaching Snyder struck a 9-year-old girl when she darted out into the street from between two parked vehicles.
According to officials, the striking driver took the young victim and her mother to Methodist Hospital.
The 9-year-old girl suffered head trauma and was transported to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver left the hospital without giving any of his vehicle or person information.
Authorites located the SUV on the 2000 block of Garnett Street. It was unattended.
pedestrian struck, children, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 58 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 54 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 49 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million