South Philadelphia hit-and-run driver takes girl, mother to hospital
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 9-year-old girl was struck by a hit-and-run driver in South Philadelphia Saturday night, police say.
The incident happened at approximately 7:57 p.m. on the 2000 block of South Cleveland Street.
Police say an Audi Q-5 SUV traveling southbound on Cleveland approaching Snyder struck a 9-year-old girl when she darted out into the street from between two parked vehicles.
According to officials, the striking driver took the young victim and her mother to Methodist Hospital.
The 9-year-old girl suffered head trauma and was transported to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver left the hospital without giving any of his vehicle or person information.
Authorites located the SUV on the 2000 block of Garnett Street. It was unattended.
pedestrian struck, children, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 7 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos