Fight leads to stabbing in Olney
OLNEY - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a stabbing in Olney that sent one man to the hospital.
The incident occurred around 11:25 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Rosemar Street.
Police an argument between a 50-year-old man and another man escalated into a fight.
During the altercation, the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed the 50-year-old man twice in the chest.
The victim was rushed by ambulance to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
Police arrested the suspect and recovered the weapon.
philadelphia news, olney news, stabbing, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police