Bicyclist injured in Kensington crash
KENSINGTON - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash that critically injured a bicyclist early Sunday morning in Kensington.
The crash occurred shortly after midnight at the intersection of East Somerset and North Swanson streets.
Police say the driver of a car was backing up his vehicle near the intersection when he slammed into a parked pick-up truck.
The car continued on the sidewalk and struck a 20-year-old male riding a bicycle.
The impact of the crash sent the bicyclist onto the street.
The driver then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
Medics transported the bicyclist to Temple University Hospital where he is in critical condition with a serious head injury.
The crash remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, kensington news, accident, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 53 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 39 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 55 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 32 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos