Bicyclist injured in Kensington crash
KENSINGTON - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash that critically injured a bicyclist early Sunday morning in Kensington.
The crash occurred shortly after midnight at the intersection of East Somerset and North Swanson streets.
Police say the driver of a car was backing up his vehicle near the intersection when he slammed into a parked pick-up truck.
The car continued on the sidewalk and struck a 20-year-old male riding a bicycle.
The impact of the crash sent the bicyclist onto the street.
The driver then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
Medics transported the bicyclist to Temple University Hospital where he is in critical condition with a serious head injury.
The crash remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, kensington news, accident, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 15 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
12 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
15 min ago