Bicyclist injured in Kensington crash
KENSINGTON - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash that critically injured a bicyclist early Sunday morning in Kensington.
The crash occurred shortly after midnight at the intersection of East Somerset and North Swanson streets.
Police say the driver of a car was backing up his vehicle near the intersection when he slammed into a parked pick-up truck.
The car continued on the sidewalk and struck a 20-year-old male riding a bicycle.
The impact of the crash sent the bicyclist onto the street.
The driver then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
Medics transported the bicyclist to Temple University Hospital where he is in critical condition with a serious head injury.
The crash remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, kensington news, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos