Bicyclist injured in Kensington crash
KENSINGTON - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a crash that critically injured a bicyclist early Sunday morning in Kensington.
The crash occurred shortly after midnight at the intersection of East Somerset and North Swanson streets.
Police say the driver of a car was backing up his vehicle near the intersection when he slammed into a parked pick-up truck.
The car continued on the sidewalk and struck a 20-year-old male riding a bicycle.
The impact of the crash sent the bicyclist onto the street.
The driver then abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot.
Medics transported the bicyclist to Temple University Hospital where he is in critical condition with a serious head injury.
The crash remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, kensington news, accident, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 28 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 14 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's