Teen shot, found in Ogontz take-out restaurant
OGONTZ - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is fighting for his life after being shot in the Ogontz section of Philadelphia.
Gunfire rang out around 12:07 a.m. Sunday in the 5600 block of Blakemore Street.
After being shot, the 16-year-old male victim ran into the North-Garden Chinese American take-out restaurant where he collapsed on the floor.
He suffered multiple gunshot wounds to his back, abdomen and right leg.
The teen was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical, but stable condition.
At this time, there is no word on what sparked the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia news, shooting, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting