Driver crashes into 2 trees off Broad Street
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Citizens Bank Park employee may have had a heart attack before crashing his car near the stadium.
It happened around 5:45 p.m. Sunday on Broad Street near Pattison Avenue.
Authorities say the man was driving south when he crossed over four lanes of traffic, went onto a curb and hit a tree.
The vehicle then hit another tree before coming to a stop in the northbound lanes.
The victim was pulled from his car and administered CPR. Medics rushed him to Jefferson Hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing 51 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts 59 min ago
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still...
51 min ago