Driver crashes into 2 trees off Broad Street
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a Citizens Bank Park employee may have had a heart attack before crashing his car near the stadium.
It happened around 5:45 p.m. Sunday on Broad Street near Pattison Avenue.
Authorities say the man was driving south when he crossed over four lanes of traffic, went onto a curb and hit a tree.
The vehicle then hit another tree before coming to a stop in the northbound lanes.
The victim was pulled from his car and administered CPR. Medics rushed him to Jefferson Hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 50 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
20 min ago