Man falls 125 feet from New Jersey's Palisades
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. - September 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- It took nearly three hours for authorities to rescue a New York man who fell 125 feet over the edge of New Jersey's Palisades.
Police say the 45-year-old had walked off a marked trail to the cliff's edge late Sunday night. A relative reported that the Chestnut Ridge, N.Y., resident had fallen.
Officials tell The Record newspaper rappel teams brought the man back up the cliff. He's in stable condition at Hackensack Medical Center.
His name has not been released.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey news, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 59 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons 1 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- AAA: Prepare your car for winter driving now!
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally