Megabus, school bus crash on I-676 in separate accidents
SPRING GARDEN - September 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident involving a Megabus caused major delays on I-676 in the Spring Garden section of Philadelphia.
The accident occurred shortly before 11:00 a.m. Monday in the westbound lanes of the Vine Street Expressway approaching the Schuylkill Expressway.
Officials say approximately nine people were transported to Hahnemann Hospital with minor injuries.
According to State Police, the Megabus and one other vehicle collided.
Authorities tell Action News another unrelated accident occurred near the scene.
That crash happened in front of the Megabus accident and involved a school bus and two other vehicles.
There were no reports of injuries in that crash.
Both scenes were cleared and all lanes back open by 1:00 p.m.
philadelphia news, accident, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 36 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos