Scuba diver found dead in local quarry
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - September 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Connecticut man died while scuba diving at a former quarry in eastern Pennsylvania over the weekend, the second death at the popular dive spot in as many months.
The (Easton) Express-Times says the man was reported missing just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday at the Dutch Springs scuba center and water park.
Colonial Regional police said officers and Bethlehem Township emergency crews responded and found the victim at about 3:15 a.m. Sunday.
Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek identified the victim as 46-year-old Izydor Poplawski, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Lysek ruled the death an accidental drowning.
pennsylvania news, lehigh county news, northampton county news, bethlehem news, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 12 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 25 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 40 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
38 min ago