Scuba diver found dead in local quarry
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - September 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Connecticut man died while scuba diving at a former quarry in eastern Pennsylvania over the weekend, the second death at the popular dive spot in as many months.
The (Easton) Express-Times says the man was reported missing just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday at the Dutch Springs scuba center and water park.
Colonial Regional police said officers and Bethlehem Township emergency crews responded and found the victim at about 3:15 a.m. Sunday.
Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek identified the victim as 46-year-old Izydor Poplawski, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Lysek ruled the death an accidental drowning.
pennsylvania news, lehigh county news, northampton county news, bethlehem news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 57 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 12 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 5 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 19 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 49 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
57 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
19 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
49 min ago