Gun held to worker's head in South Philadelphia Dollar Tree robbery
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man who held a gun to a worker's head during the robbery of a Dollar Tree store in South Philadelphia.
The robbery happened around 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 29th at 2399 Oregon Avenue.
Surveillance video released by Philadelphia Police on Monday shows the suspect walking into the store, confronting the worker and forcing him to open a safe.
The suspect then stands over the worker, with a gun pointed at the back of his head, while the employee removed trays full of cash.
The suspect is then seen handing the worker a bag and the worker appears to place the cash inside.
After collecting the bag, the suspect forces the worker to open a back door. He then runs off into the night.
The suspect is described by police as a black male, 25 years-of-age, with a slim build standing six feet tall.
He had a goatee, wore a red Phillies baseball cap, a gray hooded sweatshirt with a small Nike symbol on the chest and blue jeans with a possible bird pattern on the back pockets.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 37 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 23 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's