Suspect sought in Somerton Wawa robbery
SOMERTON - September 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who robbed a Wawa store in the Somerton section of the city.
The robbery happened at 5:18 p.m. on Saturday, August 24th, at 10901 Bustleton Avenue.
Police say the suspect approached the counter and demanded money, telling the worker he had a gun.
The employee handed over an undetermined amount of cash. The suspect then fled through the back door in an unknown direction.
The suspect is described by police as a white male, 30 to 40 years old standing 5'8" tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was wearing a white tank top over a red shirt and black shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, somerton news, robbery, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 58 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance 18 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 8 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 8 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill...
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos