Driver flees after crash in front of Pat's Steaks
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the driver of a rental car who slammed into several parked vehicles in front of Pat's Steaks in South Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
The accident happened around 3:00 a.m. on the 1200 block of East Passyunk Avenue.
Four vehicles were damaged in the incident, and moments after the crash, police say the driver took off.
A passenger in the striking car suffered minor injuries.
Neville Williams is the owner of one of the vehicles damaged in the incident and he tells us that moments before the crash, he had gotten up to get a soda. However, by the time he got back, his car had been smashed, along with the table where he had been sitting.
"I guess it hasn't hit me yet," Williams said. "But either I would have been getting into my vehicle, or sitting in my vehicle, or still sitting there if I didn't get up to get a hotdog and a drink."
Williams said after the crash he saw the driver throw a bottle of vodka into the trash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, accident, DUI, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 25 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 2 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 47 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition