Surveillance video released of Manayunk shooting suspects
PHILADELPHIA - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking the public's help in identifying the suspects involved in a double shooting in the city's Manayunk section.
Surveillance video of the incident was released Tuesday in hopes someone recognizes the gunmen.
It was 1:20 a.m. Monday when two men, ages 35 and 36, left the Grape Room Bar on the 100 block of Grape Street and began walking to their car, which was parked nearby on the 4300 block of Cresson Street.
Police say as the men approached their vehicle, gunfire erupted.
The 35-year-old was critically injured, having sustained three gunshot wounds to his chest.
The 36-year-old victim was shot in the arm and hand.
Police say the two victims tried to dodge the bullets by running through an alley but they collapsed in a parking lot near Levering Street.
After the shooting both suspects fled the area on foot.
The first suspect is described as a black male, tall with a thin build, last seen wearing a blue shirt and dark blue or black pants.
The second suspect is described as a black male, husky build, goatee, last seen wearing a red shirt with white lettering on the front and blue jeans.
Both suspects were armed with handguns.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, manayunk, shooting, local/state
- Plane's landing gear apparently collapses at PHL 3 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad