Suspected mumps cases in Monmouth County grows
FREEHOLD, N.J. - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the number of suspected mumps cases in Monmouth County has grown to 36.
Lab tests confirmed one of the suspected cases was mumps.
Most of the cases have been linked to D'Jais Bar and Grill in Belmar. The popular Jersey shore establishment voluntarily closed last week and 32 employees were given the mumps vaccine.
County health coordinator Michael Meddis tells the Asbury Park Press the median age of those under investigation is 26. All but one are adults and 39 percent of the cases are females.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
monmouth county news, new jersey news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos