Suspected mumps cases in Monmouth County grows
FREEHOLD, N.J. - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the number of suspected mumps cases in Monmouth County has grown to 36.
Lab tests confirmed one of the suspected cases was mumps.
Most of the cases have been linked to D'Jais Bar and Grill in Belmar. The popular Jersey shore establishment voluntarily closed last week and 32 employees were given the mumps vaccine.
County health coordinator Michael Meddis tells the Asbury Park Press the median age of those under investigation is 26. All but one are adults and 39 percent of the cases are females.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
monmouth county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily 25 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Temps soar above normal
47 min ago