Allentown mother drops bid to withdraw plea in child's death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania woman has dropped her bid to withdraw a guilty plea in the beating death of her 5-year-old son last fall.
Twenty-four-year-old Jessica Adams pleaded guilty in July to third-degree murder in the November death of Cashmiere Hill.
She sought to withdraw that plea, saying manslaughter was a more appropriate charge, but was warned by the judge that she risked a first-degree murder conviction at trial.
But The (Easton) Express-Times says the judge and district attorney confirmed in court Tuesday that Adams would go ahead with the plea deal under which she is to be sentenced to a minimum term of no more than 17 years.
Prosecutors said the boy died of multiple blunt force injuries a day after being reported unresponsive in Adams' Allentown apartment.
Information from: The (Easton, Pa.) Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
allentown news, lehigh county news, pennsylvania news, child death, beating, homicide, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 30 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 51 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 51 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 38 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
30 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
41 min ago