Arrest in shooting that killed woman in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal authorities have captured a Camden man wanted in a shooting last month that left a woman dead and a man wounded.
Twenty-three-year-old Juan Cabrera was arrested at a Camden home Monday night after a brief standoff with members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Cabrera is charged with aggravated manslaughter, aggravated assault and a weapons offense in connection with the Aug. 19 shooting that occurred during a street fight involving several people.
Camden County prosecutors say Cabrera pulled out a gun and started shooting after he was struck with a bat.
Maylen Colon, a 31-year-old Camden resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Twenty-six-year-old Jose Morales was wounded in the shooting but is expected to recover.
Authorities have not said what sparked the brawl.
new jersey news, camden news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos