Arrest in shooting that killed woman in Camden
CAMDEN, N.J. - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal authorities have captured a Camden man wanted in a shooting last month that left a woman dead and a man wounded.
Twenty-three-year-old Juan Cabrera was arrested at a Camden home Monday night after a brief standoff with members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Cabrera is charged with aggravated manslaughter, aggravated assault and a weapons offense in connection with the Aug. 19 shooting that occurred during a street fight involving several people.
Camden County prosecutors say Cabrera pulled out a gun and started shooting after he was struck with a bat.
Maylen Colon, a 31-year-old Camden resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Twenty-six-year-old Jose Morales was wounded in the shooting but is expected to recover.
Authorities have not said what sparked the brawl.
new jersey news, camden news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos