1 killed, 1 wounded by gunfire in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Gunfire has left one person dead and another injured in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police were called to the 2600 block of South Massey Street at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday.
They found a 17-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
Medics took him to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. There was no immediate word on his condition. Police say he was not cooperating with them.
As police investigated back at the scene, officers found the body of another victim behind the homes on South Massey.
That person was pronounced dead at the scene.
A homicide investigation is underway.
philadelphia news, shooting, southwest philadelphia news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 12 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 30 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 37 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 8 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 34 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 41 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 16 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 3 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 36 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
12 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
8 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos