Crime spree involved robberies, attempted rape, Phila. Police say
PHILADELPHIA - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia man has been charged with robbing three women, trying to rape one of them, and trying to rob a fourth woman at gunpoint.
It all happened within a 1-hour period Sunday afternoon.
Police say in the first case, 21-year-old Marquise Wakefield of the 6000 block of Regent Street robbed one woman at gunpoint in the 4000 block of Pine Street, then forced her into a home and tried to rape her.
A short time later, Wakefield allegedly held up two women at gunpoint at 39th and Chester.
And then police say he tried to rob a 14-year-old girl at gunpoint in the 4800 block of Chester Avenue.
Wakefield is charged with Attempted Rape, Robbery, Burglary, Sexual Assault, Criminal Trespass, Unlawful Restraint, Theft, Receiving Stolen Property, PIC, Terrorist Threats, Simple Assault and False Imprisonment.
He is being held on $3 million bail.
philadelphia news, robbery, rape, sex assault, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 30 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia