Dozens of shots fired, leaving 1 dead in North Phila.
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the person who opened fire on a man, leaving him to die on a North Philadelphia street early Wednesday morning.
The 22-year-old victim was found dead around 2:00 a.m. on the 1600 block of West Cumberland Street, having suffered multiple gunshot wounds.
Officials say at least 28 shots were fired and a gun was found near the victim's body, who they believe was the intended target.
Detectives are questioning witnesses and are checking surveillance cameras in the area.
So far, there have been no arrests.
shooting, homicide, murder, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Preparing for more snow
- Video: Tracking more snow
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school 59 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Video: Recapping the Eagles Snow Bowl
- Roy Halladay retires after 16 seasons
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say