2 killed in Lower Merion crash identified
LOWER MERION TWP., Pa. - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two people are dead after their car struck a tree in Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County late Tuesday night.
The accident was reported just before 10:00 p.m. on Remington Road, west of Lancaster Avenue.
According to police, the Acura TL was travelling northbound on Remington Road when it struck a tree on the side of the roadway. The impact split the car in two, ejecting the car's two occupants.
The occupants died at the scene. They have been identified as 25-year-old Keith Phillips and 22-year-old Jhamiel Robinson, both from the 600 block of North 65th Street in Philadelphia.
Police say excessive speed appears to be the cause of the crash.
The crash remains under investigation.
accident, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands