Helmet used as weapon in Pa. high school football game
HAMBURG, Pa. - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A high school football game in central Pennsylvania quickly got out of hand Friday night, and now police are investigating.
A video camera captured the incident from Friday night's game between Hamburg High School and Annville-Cleona High School in Lebanon County.
Police say Hamburg's quarterback, Joe Cominsky, ripped off an opposing player's helmet and used it to hit the player twice in the head.
The victim, Josh Hartman, walked away with minor injuries.
It is still unclear what provoked the attack.
Both players were ejected from the game and will serve a one-game suspension.
pennsylvania news, fight, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos