Police: 1 hurt as fleeing burglary suspects in Delaware crash
MILFORD, Del. - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say one person was hurt and two burglary suspects escaped after their SUV hit a car as they fled pursuing troopers.
The troopers were called to the Coach Outlet in Rehoboth Beach early Wednesday after the alarm went off. Police say the driver of a Mercedes Benz SUV leaving the shopping center refused to stop for troopers and took off at a high rate of speed on Route 1. When the SUV reached Milford, police say it hit a Ford Taurus, sending both vehicles spinning out of control.
Police say two people in the SUV fled on foot and the driver of the Ford was taken to Milford Memorial Hospital with injuries that are not thought to be life threatening.
delaware news, sussex county news, accident, police chase, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 14 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes 59 min ago
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents 58 min ago
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living 57 min ago
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 52 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 50 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
54 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire...
59 min ago
- Rescuers airlift horse out of Angeles...
48 min ago