Pedestrian struck by hit-and-run driver in Center City
CENTER CITY - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a hit-and-run driver took off after striking a pedestrian in Center City Wednesday morning.
It was just before 9:00 a.m. when Philadelphia police and medics were called out to the intersection of 8th and Vine streets.
When they arrived they found the adult male victim and transported him to Hahnemann Hospital for care. The victim's condition is unknown at this time.
Investigators say the color of the striking vehicle is black, but further details have not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
center city news, philadelphia news, pedestrian struck, hit and run, accident, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 13 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 2 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 15 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 7 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 54 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
15 min ago