Pedestrian struck by hit-and-run driver in Center City
CENTER CITY - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a hit-and-run driver took off after striking a pedestrian in Center City Wednesday morning.
It was just before 9:00 a.m. when Philadelphia police and medics were called out to the intersection of 8th and Vine streets.
When they arrived they found the adult male victim and transported him to Hahnemann Hospital for care. The victim's condition is unknown at this time.
Investigators say the color of the striking vehicle is black, but further details have not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
center city news, philadelphia news, pedestrian struck, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail 48 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 52 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 40 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 59 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 5 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 21 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Runway littered with holiday mail
48 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
40 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
3 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
21 min ago