Pedestrian struck by hit-and-run driver in Center City
CENTER CITY - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a hit-and-run driver took off after striking a pedestrian in Center City Wednesday morning.
It was just before 9:00 a.m. when Philadelphia police and medics were called out to the intersection of 8th and Vine streets.
When they arrived they found the adult male victim and transported him to Hahnemann Hospital for care. The victim's condition is unknown at this time.
Investigators say the color of the striking vehicle is black, but further details have not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
center city news, philadelphia news, pedestrian struck, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 58 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 42 min ago