8 hurt in Glendora crash involving school bus
GLENDORA, N.J. - September 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- 8 people were injured after a chain reaction crash involving several cars and a school bus in Camden County.
The crash happened around 9:40 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of North Black Horse Pike and Chews Landing Road in Glendora.
A total of seven vehicles were involved, including a school bus from the Archway Program that was transporting senior citizens to a senior campus located on Lakeland Road in Gloucester Township.
Police say a Ford pickup truck, a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant and a 2000 Kia were traveling south on the Black Horse Pike and stopped in traffic when the school bus, which was also travelling south, struck the rear of the Kia.
The Kia then struck the Mitsubishi, which struck the pickup truck. The collision forced the Mitsubishi into the northbound lane where it struck a 2004 Ford Taurus and a 2003 Toyota Camry. Ladders that were detached from the pickup truck also struck a stopped 2011 Chevrolet pickup truck.
A total of eight people were taken three area hospitals.
The driver of the Kia, identified as Margaret Ghessing of Haddon Township, N.J., was most seriously injured and had to be extricated from the vehicle by firefighters.
She was transported to Cooper Hospital in Camden for treatment of broken ribs and a collapsed lung. She was reported to be in critical condition.
The bus was carrying five passengers plus the driver. All were taken to area hospitals to be evaluated. One person was admitted in stable condition. None of the other injuries were said to be life-threatening. The driver of the pickup truck was treated and released from an area hospital.
The intersection of Black Horse Pike and Chews Landing Road was closed during the investigation, but was back open by 1:30 p.m.
The crash remains under investigation by Gloucester Township Police. So far no charges have been filed.
new jersey news, camden county news, accident, school bus, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 4 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos