Pa. Doctor indicted in Ohio attack on estranged in-law
CLEVELAND (AP) - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania anesthesiologist has been indicted in Cleveland on an attempted aggravated murder charge in the pry bar attack on his daughter's estranged husband, who also is a doctor.
The Cuyahoga County prosecutor said a grand jury also charged 66-year-old Dr. Georges Bensimhon on Wednesday with one count of attempted murder, two counts of kidnapping and two counts of felonious assault.
He was arrested in the Sept. 4 attack on 39-year-old neurosurgeon Seth Hoffer outside Hoffer's Cleveland Heights home. The victim was clubbed with a pry bar but managed to fight back, pin his attacker and call for help.
The defendant, from Allentown, Pa., couldn't be reached for comment. Messages were left at a home phone listing and at his attorney's office.
The defendant was freed on $500,000 bond.
assault, ohio, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 17 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton 24 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware 37 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
42 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
24 min ago