Motorcyclist killed in crash on Rt. 55 in Elk Township
ELK TWP., N.J. - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Route 55 southbound in Gloucester County was closed for part of Thursday morning after a fatal crash involving a motorcycle.
The crash happened around 9:30 a.m. at mile marker 47.6 in Elk Township.
New Jersey State Police are on the scene and they have confirmed that the operator of the motorcycle was killed in the wreck.
The identity of the person killed has not been released.
Route 55 was closed for a few hours but was reopened by 12:00 p.m.
gloucester county news, new jersey news, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 24 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 3 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 19 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 3 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
19 min ago