Worker dies at northern New Jersey paint plant
CARLSTADT, N.J. - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a worker who was overcome by fumes and fell on a vat of solvent at a northern New Jersey paint plant has died.
Fifty-six-year-old Henry Campbell of Newark was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center and died Wednesday night.
A co-worker at Hartin Paint & Filler Corporation in Carlstadt was overcome by fumes while pulling Campbell off the vat. Kalifi Thomas of Elizabeth was treated and released.
Detective John Cleary tells The Record newspaper it's not known why Campbell lost consciousness or how he ended up on top of the vat.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey news, industrial accident, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 19 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 2 min ago
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 21 min ago
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg apartment complex 4 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 51 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 30 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
7 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
19 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
2 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
18 min ago