Worker dies at northern New Jersey paint plant
CARLSTADT, N.J. - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a worker who was overcome by fumes and fell on a vat of solvent at a northern New Jersey paint plant has died.
Fifty-six-year-old Henry Campbell of Newark was taken to Hackensack University Medical Center and died Wednesday night.
A co-worker at Hartin Paint & Filler Corporation in Carlstadt was overcome by fumes while pulling Campbell off the vat. Kalifi Thomas of Elizabeth was treated and released.
Detective John Cleary tells The Record newspaper it's not known why Campbell lost consciousness or how he ended up on top of the vat.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
new jersey news, industrial accident, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 49 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 21 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 30 min ago
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 42 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 40 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash 10 min ago
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
49 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen...
40 min ago