Power outage affects 16,000 in Philadelphia, Lower Merion
PHILADELPHIA - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A power outage left 16,000 PECO customers in the dark Thursday.
The outage affected customers in parts of Southwest Philadelphia, West Philadelphia, Overbrook and Lower Merion Township.
The utility said piece of equipment malfunctioned at 4:30 p.m.
Electricity had been restored to all but 1,600 customers by 10:00 p.m. Thursday.
philadelphia news, power outage, montgomery county news, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 4 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos