Platt Bridge is closed over the weekend
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- PennDOT has closed the Platt Bridge completely beginning at 8:00 p.m. Friday through 3:00 a.m. Sunday.
The bridge is undergoing a $43-million makeover.
It's a major connector between South Philadelphia and Philadelphia International Aiport.
Drivers who might normally use the Platt should find another route.
south philadelphia news, philadelphia international airport, philadelphia news, travel, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 55 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'