2nd fatal shooting in 2 days in same North Philadelphia neighborhood
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot several times and died early Friday morning near another fatal shooting in North Philadelphia on Wednesday.
The incident happened around 1:00 a.m. on the 2900 block of North Bancroft Street.
The 29-year-old victim was shot multiple times and driven in a bullet riddled vehicle to Temple University Hospital by an unknown person.
He died a short time later from his wounds.
This shooting police say, was only a few feet away from another fatal shooting on Wednesday on the 1600 block of West Cumberland Street.
Police have not said if the shootings are connected.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 59 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash