2nd fatal shooting in 2 days in same North Philadelphia neighborhood
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot several times and died early Friday morning near another fatal shooting in North Philadelphia on Wednesday.
The incident happened around 1:00 a.m. on the 2900 block of North Bancroft Street.
The 29-year-old victim was shot multiple times and driven in a bullet riddled vehicle to Temple University Hospital by an unknown person.
He died a short time later from his wounds.
This shooting police say, was only a few feet away from another fatal shooting on Wednesday on the 1600 block of West Cumberland Street.
Police have not said if the shootings are connected.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 32 min ago
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 55 min ago
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco 43 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 22 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 56 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large