2nd fatal shooting in 2 days in same North Philadelphia neighborhood
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot several times and died early Friday morning near another fatal shooting in North Philadelphia on Wednesday.
The incident happened around 1:00 a.m. on the 2900 block of North Bancroft Street.
The 29-year-old victim was shot multiple times and driven in a bullet riddled vehicle to Temple University Hospital by an unknown person.
He died a short time later from his wounds.
This shooting police say, was only a few feet away from another fatal shooting on Wednesday on the 1600 block of West Cumberland Street.
Police have not said if the shootings are connected.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 17 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!