Woman, 76, trapped by falling tree in Berks County
MUHLENBERG, Pa. - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County woman is in intensive care after she was crushed by a tree.
A 100-foot-tall Butternut trapped Russeline Wily after it fell on her home in Muhlenberg during Thursday night's storm.
Fire crews had to use chain saws to free the 76-year-old woman.
Wily suffered multiple broken bones.
The home also suffered considerable damage.
pennsylvania news, accident, berks county news, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 30 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 18 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 19 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 23 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
16 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
1 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
9 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
19 min ago