Woman, 76, trapped by falling tree in Berks County
MUHLENBERG, Pa. - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Berks County woman is in intensive care after she was crushed by a tree.
A 100-foot-tall Butternut trapped Russeline Wily after it fell on her home in Muhlenberg during Thursday night's storm.
Fire crews had to use chain saws to free the 76-year-old woman.
Wily suffered multiple broken bones.
The home also suffered considerable damage.
pennsylvania news, accident, berks county news, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs